Dress Code Requirements
YPAC maintains a dress code for all dance classes to encourage concentration and a sense of inclusiveness (variations in attire can be distracting and contribute to feelings of inequality). Uniformity in dancewear allows the teachers to assess how well the students are implementing the technique being taught, problems with alignment, and other important aspects of dance training.
- Students should carry their dancewear, shoes, and other belongings in a dance bag. Please print your child’s name on the bag as well as on all of its contents. Dancewear is to be kept in good repair and laundered on a regular basis.
- Boys ages 10 and older must wear a dance belt with the exception of Hip Hop.
- Watches, jewelry, and safety pins should not be worn to class. Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
- Female students should wear their hair tightly secured and styled away from the face; a neat bun is preferred.
- Students are expected to observe proper personal hygiene habits. Deodorant is required for students ages 10 and older.